Friday, June 12, 2009

Graduation

Cool Dude graduated pre-school today. *sniff, sniff*
And maybe an even bigger event was the fact that I did NOT cry! I was sooo close to it, and figured that if I did, I'd look a fool, and my make up would run down my face. I wasn't about have that... Or maybe it was the INCREDIBLY RUDE woman who, regardless of what side of the cafeteria I was on, came and stood RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME while I was watching, or WHILE I WAS TAKING PICTURES!
Really? Are you serious? I try to be so courteous at things like this. I try to make sure I'm not walking in people's pictures. I try to make sure that I'm not in their line of vision -sometimes that's impossible to help though, but this lady??? Nope. She didn't care AT ALL. Look, I know that I can be selfish, but not like this lady was. She seemed to think that she was the only person in the room. I secretly wished that DH was up with me because I KNOW that he wouldn't have just been seething inside. He would have said something. I almost did, but I really didn't want to cause drama (and this is the kind of lady who would have turned it into a drama) at Cool Dude's graduation.
Rude lady aside, the graduation was one of the cutest things I've seen in a while. Cool Dude is soo well with all of his songs and poems. I really think that he was the best singer there. And really, I'm not just saying that because (he's the main one I was watching) I'm his mom. He was VERY loud -not something he gets from me. He knew all of the words. He knew all of the actions. He had me SOOO proud.
And I can't believe that he was just so little, and so completely dependent on me such a short while ago. He's gotten so big so fast. It's really amazing just how fast the time slips by without us ever noticing.
I also can't believe that Little Miss will be starting pre-school next year. *giggle, giggle, giggle* Gracious! Her teachers are in for QUITE a surprise with her! She's not the laid back, easy going sport that Cool Dude is. She's into EVERYTHING, and she DOES NOT take the word "No" lightly. Gracious! Are they in for a world of trouble. *giggle, giggle, giggle* -But I guess I really shouldn't laugh, should I? They can still choose to send her back home to me every day! ACK!
Of course, I'm finally realizing that she's hyperactive just as I am. Growing up, I wasn't allowed to have sugar, artificial flavorings or colors, chocolate or caffeine. Sounds like it would have made for a suckey time, but looking back now, I don't remember missing any of it too much. (I'm sure that I did then though.) I have a wonderful appreciation for fruits and veggies, and I LOVE things like dried fruit. You would think that I'd have better teeth now though... Maybe it's because once I got old enough, I more then made up for lost time.
So anyway, I'm noticing that with limiting Little Miss's diet, I don't bang my head against the wall with her as much. I'm hoping to cut out A LOT of stuff from her diet, but I'm going to need a lot of help from friends and family with that. I'm going to need them to understand that, no, she MAY NOT have that. No, not even one little piece. I don't care how bad she wants it. I don't care if you think it's okay if you spoil her. No. I don't care. I'm the one who's Mommy. I have final ruling on it. UGH! Why do some people feel the need to blatantly disrespect parental wishes??????!!!!
That's a whole other post for a whole other day. I've already been all over the board today. Welcome to the randomness that is my mind, and the chaos that is my life! ;-)
Congratulations on your graduation, Cool Dude!

No comments: