Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake

Not what you think it is....



The other night Thing One was singing the jump rope song:



"Strawberry shortcake, cream on top....

How many boyfriends do you got?"



Perhaps I'm just a little too anal (okay, I KNOW I am), but this song just really bothered me for several reasons.



1.) He's a BOY.



I don't have a problem with him singing. I don't have a problem with him singing a jump rope song. I don't have a problem with him singing a jump rope song about Strawberry Shortcake, which, in this song, is the actual dessert. I have a problem with the boyfriends line.

I'm bothered because he was singing it to Thing Two, and I DON'T want to think about her having boyfriends yet -innocent song or not.



2.) It's stuck in my head. UGH! I just can't get rid of it. And when I finally do get it out of my head I see my strawberries in my refridgerator or on the front steps, or I see the Angel Food Cake in the kitchen, and the song is right back again, and lastly



3.) "How many boyfriends do you GOT?"



I know that my grammer isn't the best. I know that my writing skills (skilz) suck, but this line is like nails across the chalk board to me. UGH! Sure, "How many boyfriends do you HAVE?" doesn't rhyme, but it sure sounds a whole lot better to me. ACK!



Then take into consideration that I get this song stuck in my head all the time now, and I have the "do you got" part stuck as well.... Well, it's no wonder that my head is killing me today. It's certainly not because it's bright and sunny, and my regular and sun glasses are different perscriptions, and I've been switching back and forth all day. Nothing at all to do with that....

1 comment:

Kristie said...

His father didn't hear him singing this song, did he???